Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day to Night: Part III and IV

Finally part 3 and 4 of my day to night series! Find one and two here.
My gorgeous girl, Jessica, volunteered to model, and let me dig into her closet for this one, so thanks Jessica!
Jessica has this great vintage Missoni sweater dress that she recently picked up at a local thrift store, and I thought it perfect to build a day and night look around.


The dress has some great colors that I wanted to work with, so for day I threw my Madewell cardigan on her. I cinched the waist with my vintage belt, to keep her figure visible, and also let her use my vintage bag. She wore her great leather sandals, and that was the perfect finishing touch for an outfit that's great to run errands in, get brunch, or picnic in.




For night, I thought it would be nice to toughen the dress up a bit. It has such a bold print, that only a bold nighttime look felt appropriate. Jessica has this great leather jacket from Forever 21 that I threw on her as the main contributing piece. I kept my belt from earlier on her, to serve the same purpose of highlighting her figure. I gave her my nude Zara pumps to wear, to tone down the bottom half of the outfit, to make sure the print and dress gets highlighted.

What do you all think of Jessica's looks?!
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress, dear~!
    Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog, dear~ Just join yours )

    Have a nice day )

    Olga
    http://www.myblondegal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress. It's not vintage though. It's Missoni for Target. I got the same one last tear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh okay, good to know! We had not idea and thought it was such an amazing score! Still is though because it's so cute!

      Delete
  3. omg, we love your dress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's my friend's dress, and I love it too!

      Delete
  4. I love that dress! It's a great one for dressing up and down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! So perfect for almost any occasion!

      Delete
  5. CUTE! I love that jacket and how insanely versatile this pretty little dress is!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO versatile! I may have to permanently borrow that dress from her! Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  6. that's a really nice dress!!

    ReplyDelete